Thursday, February 09, 2012

To Hell with Dickens...

Don't get me wrong. I love his novels and the man's story can be quite inspiring. But he turned 200 years old a couple of days ago. Celebrate if you like. In fact, if you like novels, definitely do celebrate - Dickens did a lot to make novels in general what they are today. But please, I beg of you on bended knee, don't celebrate by buying another copy of Oliver Twist (great as that book is).

I'm not 200. Just 42. And still living. Want to buy a novel? Try THE CONCRETE MAZE. Less than a buck. It's also my favorite of the ones I've written.

Don't want my book? Try Russel McLean's Sam Bryson stories - Scottish Private Investigator with a heart of gold and a skull of solid rock since he gets hit so often.

Or try I.J. Parker's Akitada and the Way of Justice. A 10th century Japanese detective.

Or Iain Rowan's collection of nastiness, Nowhere to Go


Or really anyone else who isn't dead yet...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingpark said...

I loved CONCRETE MAZE, and I don't say such things lightly. A buck? It's worth a lot more than that.

February 10, 2012 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home