Monday, November 21, 2011

This Just In...

ABC has apparently ordered fewer episodes of Cougartown; fifteen instead of the normal twenty-two. My reaction? "There's a show called Cougartown?" There is. It stars Courtney Cox as a woman who... Not sure I can summon the energy to continue work on that sentence.

But here's the thing - I don't have cable (so please don't tell me to watch whatever exciting new show can't be captured by rabbit ears) and there simply isn't enough watchable TV on the networks. You might say "But it's been that way since forever." True. True. But I have really low standards. I'll watch any old crap. But in the past couple of years I haven't even been able to do that. There are days when only Netflix lets me watch anything (including old crap) that and a channel I get called "Antenna TV" that shows re-runs of shows like "Good Times" and "Maude." MAUDE, for goodness sake!

Is it just me or did the CSI type shows (including NCIS and HOUSE, MD) all get old and stale?

Clue me in about Network TV. What am I missing out on? Is there MUST SEE TV?

Here's what I'm watching: FRINGE on FOX, TERRA NOVA on FOX. THE AMAZING RACE on CBS. That's pretty much it.

Waiting for the DVD release of the last season of MI-5 from the BBC, the second season of THE WALKING DEAD from whatever channel that's on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerald So said...

Hi, Stephen.

I recommend THE BIG BANG THEORY, 8PM Thursdays on CBS. It's about two physicists (Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons) who live across the hall from a waitress/actress (Kaley Cuoco). At its best, it combines intelligent dialogue and sci-fi/comic book geek humor.

I agree the procedurals are showing their age, but then again, the ones you mention have all been on at least seven seasons.

November 21, 2011 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home