Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bouchercon 2016: Glasgow?

I'd go. This is a possibility if certain Scotsmen worked hard and present a killer proposal. Never been to Glasgow, but I've heard they have the hotels, the airports, and the haunted castles, so count me in if it materializes... The convention, not the city. Pretty sure the city's there already.

Guests of honor would be no problem: if Rankin or McDermid won't do it, I'll volunteer... McTorres?

Of course, if I go, I have to design a tartan for my family, no? And a crest and motto. Perhaps something like: No Jodas Conmigo...

It would be a great way to meet a lot of British and European authors who don't make it to Bouchercons on this side of the world.

Some might scoff that no American would travel that far, but that's hardly true of the B'Con troop. They went to Anchorage Alaska in droves. I was there. I saw it. The droving, that is. Glasgow would be an easier trip for me.

Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home