Sunday, May 01, 2011

Osama's Dead?

The President announced that Osama Bin Laden's been killed. Hard to believe. Apparently the US Army has the body? Good news since nobody would believe Osama was dead without a body. Maybe not even with one.

Unbelieveable. Hard to say what I feel now. I've known so many people who've done their tour in Afghanistan - we all do. And sure, the war on terror may have helped keep terror from our shores. Wonderful. No sarcasm. But now it seems like a long held goal has been achieved, and I can't help but hope the world is a better place now. Now it feels like so much sacrifice by so many good people has been rewarded with a tangible reward.

I'll have a joke or two tomorrow. Tonight I go to sleep in an Osama-less world, and, strangely, I thank God for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home