Monday, May 02, 2011

Now That I Have the Kindle App...

I just downloaded the free Kindle app for my PC, and it certainly is pretty. Can't take my desktop to the beach or anything, and I don't think I'd take a real kindle there either. Rogue waves you know... But I don't mind reading some things on the computer screen - short story collections sound especially tempting. So far, I've added three titles to my "to be bought" (tbb*) list: Iain Rowan's Nowhere to Go, IJ Parker's The Masuda Affair and Steve Hockensmith's Dear Mr. Holmes.

Two collections and a novel. Cannot wait for Parker to get her short stories on Kindle. Those stories are absolutely fabulous. I've reviewed all three authors before and thoroughly enjoyed their work.

Learn more about Rowan here. More about Parker here. And if you don't know about Hockensmith yet, try looking here. Hockensmith's blog is particularly funny, so if you're looking for a smile, it's not a bad place to go.


* tbb - I think I've coined a new acronym - I call dibs - registered trademark... Patent pending...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingpark said...

The kind words are very much appreciated, Steven. I'm not sure what to do with the short story collection. Amazon wants to put it on Encore, their publishing arm, but that would take at least a year. Since my agent is looking for a publisher for the rest of the series, she may offer it as part of the package with the latest Akitada novel. Or I may put it directly on Kindle and try to make some money.

MASUDA AFFAIR (along with HELL SCREEN and RASHOMON GATE) have just gone on Kindle with a modest price tag of 4.99 each(I could set my own price). THE FIRES OF THE GODS should be available also within a week.

May 03, 2011 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home