Monday, April 25, 2011

Top Ten Movies People Pretend to Have Seen

How do you find out about this stuff? Here's the list:

1. The Godfather (30 per cent)
2. Casablanca (13 per cent)
3. Taxi Driver (11 per cent)
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey (9 per cent)
5. Reservoir Dogs (8 per cent)
6. This Is Spinal Tap (7 per cent)
7. Apocalypse Now (6 per cent)
8. Goodfellas (5 per cent)
=8. Blade Runner (5 per cent)
10. The Great Escape (4 per cent)

A tip of the hat to Bill Crider.
I've never pretended to see these films. I've seen 1, 2, 4, the tie for eigth, and 10. 2001 is a film I did not enjoy. Blade Runner was marginally better. The Godfather was long but good (Godfather 3 was terrible, I thought). Casablanca is a keeper.

Why would someone pretend to have seen Goodfellas? How does that come up in conversation in such a way that one feels compelled to say "Oh, yeah, that one. Yeah, I saw it..."?

For the ones I haven't seen, let me know if I'm missing much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home