Thursday, March 06, 2008

What I'm writing...

I'm currently 17k into a new novel. It is a bit of a thriller, but it also more of a serial killer type book mixed in with a Jason Starr-ish* "Poor Bastard stuck in a maze of blades" type thing. I figure it will run to about 90k though I'm not sure what happens for the next 50k or so. Some killing, I supoose. It's going good, and there are some laughs. It is set in New York City and in early 2008.

Basically, there is a woman who kills people - not everyone she meets. That would be overkill (heh), but more than one. She has a very good motive, however, and it doesn't have to do with the run of the mill "My father burned me with cigarettes" motive**. Anyway, if I ever get to sell another novel, you might get a chance to read it.

I'm also trying to scan one of my earlier novels because it will be coming out as book five in the PPR series next year, but I don't have an electronic file of it. Slow going, feeding the paper copy in one sheet at a time. Ah well. That'll teach me to fall behind in the times gadget-wise. It's the first book I ever wrote and I rank it as the best of the PPR novels though not as good as The Concrete Maze...which is still available at bookstores and online...

* Used by permission
** Not to make light of that phenomenom in real life, only as an overusd motive in serial killer novels.


Blogger Keith Raffel said...

Good luck with new book! Your fans are waiting.

March 11, 2008 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home