Monday, February 25, 2008

Stripper Names...

So Jon Stewart says that if you add your pet name to your street name (from when you were growing up) you'll get a stripper name. I tried that, but it didn't work. The problem is that I've had several dogs and we moveed around a lot when I was a kid. Here are the options - leaving out streets from adulthood.

Dogs:

Peaches
Chico
Cookie

(Not so bad you're thinking, right?)

Streets:

Spofford Avenue
East 233rd Street (near Gun Hill Road)
Washington Avenue
Route 110
East 233rd Street (this one was near White Plains Road)
Purdy Street
Holland Avenue

Peaches and Cookie have potential, but you see I'm at a loss for a last name. I suppose Chico Washington is a good character name (I call dibs) but more for a ne'er-do-well than a stripper, I think. Purdy Peaches? Anything with Holland?

Not, mind you, that I'm obsessed or anything...

7 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

Only one pet--a bird named Sindbad and only one street-Gilbert. Sindbad Gilbert. Doesn't exactly turn you on, does it?

February 25, 2008 12:09 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Actually I think Peaches Purdy is quite a good one.

Mine would be Frisky St John. I think she's slumming it :o)

Donna

February 25, 2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Cats and dogs, childhood through present (including various nicknames for the cats), some of which have potential: Tsar, Kitty, Rolls Royce, Ruby, Pepper, Willie, Cynwr, Boy, Boo, Kiko, Charlie.

But the best/worst is my street growing up: Beaver Meadow Road.

February 25, 2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

I heard it was first dog and first street. So yours is Peaches Spofford. So you're ready to have that stripper experience for your books.

February 25, 2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Graham Powell said...

Down here in Texas we say, "You sure got some purdy peaches there, ma'am."

February 25, 2008 3:50 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

BEAVER MEADOW ROAD! Don't really need a pet with that one, I'm thinking.

Purdy Peaches it is. Thing of it is, Jon Stewart didn't say what you were supposed to do once youhad the name settled...

February 25, 2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger Terrie Farley Moran said...

Steven,

I like Spofford Chico for a guy as a street name. His way of letting people know he's a graduate of the Spofford Juvenile Detention Center, where he reigned as King!

Or Spofford Chica, for a stripper, same story, reigned as Queen, takes no BS, known as the chica men want to tame.

It may be that I am so bad at this because I never had a pet. The streets I grew up on were all in the Bronx: Webster Avenue, East 184th street, the Grand Concourse. I guess Webster is the only real shot. Danielle could come out dressed as a mid nineteenth century lawyer and strip down to devil horns and tail.

I have to get back to work, I am having way to much fun here.

Terrie

February 26, 2008 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home