Friday, November 23, 2007

My Favorite New Show

When the season began, I thought there would be a lot of shows that I'd like. CHUCK looked good, but quickly bored me. JOURNEYMAN looked like it might interest me, but it didn't. PUSHING DAISIES was cute in its first episode...and the second...and will probably never get past being cute though I got past it. Didn't like THE BIONIC WOMAN the first time it was on and didn't bother with it the second time.

I was hoping for RAINES to come back. It was my favorite from last year. But it got cut. Because of the writer's strike, they're bringing back other shows that failed last year - OCTOBER ROAD, for instance. Not RAINES though. Probably because I let people know I liked it.

This year, one show has captured my attention and actually kept it. I didn't think I would like THE WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB, but I do. I had a prejudice - ashamed to admit it, but there it is - I thought if it was based on a James Patterson novel (or is it a series) then it wouldn't be any good. Surprised to find that I like it quite a bit. The conceit may not be the greatest ever - these four women's careers intersect every week. Seems unlikely, but okay. Unlikely doesn't mean bad. It just means "fiction". Anyway, Angie Harmon has shown more acting chops in a handful of episodes than she was ever allowed in L&O. The other ladies, whose names I don't know yet, are all very capable and the stories have been pretty good. Subplots which show the women's private lives (esp. Harmon's - maybe because she's the tallest?) don't bog down the storyline. I'm a happy man.

Now, if there is another good sohw out there, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

It's netflix for us. Dismal. Every show is about someone twenty-five with super powers.

November 23, 2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home