Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Viktor Petrenko Action Movie...

Actually, what i'd like to know is if anyone out there would pay money to watch a Viktor Petrenko action movie. I'm toying with a script idea and I will be going out to L.A. in October to attend a festival of idea pitching called Screenwriters Expo. Since there are a lot of action heroes out there, I'm wondering if there is room for one more indestructible man.

If you've read my Viktor P. stories, let me know what you think. Why would the world need to hear about Viktor? What seperates him from Jason Bourne, for instance? besides the accent...

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Yes. Of course, I also paid money to watch Waterworld, Underworld, and Transformers, proof that I'm willing to pay for bad (or "differently good") movies as well as good ones.

September 03, 2007 9:34 PM  
Blogger Graham Powell said...

If you do this, you MUST include the "Africa" monlogue that ends with, "That was three months of my life."

The difference between Viktor and Bourne et al? Viktor is stoic and implacable like Bourne, plus he's Russian, and he doesn't feel the need to apologize for anything he's done. He may regret that things didn't work out differently but he doesn't seem to regret his own actions.

September 04, 2007 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home