Thursday, August 17, 2006

The People that You Meet, When...

You're walking down the street depends on which street and when. If it's during Black Orchid's anniversary and you're on E. 81 Street in Manhattan, the people you'll meet include all sorts of luminaries of the mystery world. Here's a sample:

First, I met the man of the hour Stuart MacBride who was signing and illustrating books at a furious pace. I told him Sandra Ruttan sent me and that he owes her some sort of comission. he was non-commital.

Then, I met my editor on Bronx Noir SJ Rozan . We talked about my story for that collection and she liked it. Thank God.

There was Charles Ardai of Hard Case Crime and a great writer in his own right. Better known as the author of Little Girl Lost for HCC.

There was also Rebecca Pawel one of the finer writers in the biz. And there was Reed Farrel Coleman and Jason Starr and Sarah Weinman and Harlan Coben . And many, many others. This is a pretty good sampling of who I spoke with though I'm missing Andrew Martin, Rachel Eckstrom and Brooke Borneman.

A good time was had by all. Thanks Bonnie and Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home