Saturday, June 10, 2006

ConMisterio

The good people running ConMisterio this summer have let me know what my panel schedule will be. I'm going to be talking about things like research and short story writing and I also have a thrity minute slot for talking about whatever I like or for reading a story. For that slot I think I will premiere a short story that I'm hoping to have finished by then. It would be a 1st person story where Viktor Petrenko first meets Elena Kojic.

Of course, if you haven't read "Viktor Petrenko, Have You No Mercy?" then you have missed one of my best stories and have no idea who Viktor is. You won't have read my story "Elena Speaks of the City Under Siege" because that hasn't come out yet from CrimeSpree . I believe that comes out in July, but really, I haven't a clue. In any event, that also was a successful story in my estimation. Not as much fun as "Stoop, the Thief" but then, what is?

When I talk about the short story, I need to the influence CrimeSpree and AHMM have had on me. I really do sit down to write wondering what Linda Landrigan and Jennifer Jordan would like to read. (Not exclusively, but they cover a pretty wide range of what I put together.)

Anyway, I'm excited to be headed off for Texas in mid-July. I hope the hotel is fully air-conditioned. Oh, and I'll be upset if I can't get into The Alamo. Last time I was in the neighborhood, I drove past it at night. Frankly, it didn't look quite large enough to hold John Wayne and that guy who played Jim Bowie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Graham Powell said...

I remember "Viktor Petrenko, Have You No Mercy?" - I liked it a lot, especially the "That was three weeks of my life" story.

I guess I better catch up on them before ConMisterio, if I go.

June 10, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What remains of the original Alamo is the chapel, and you're right: It's very small. It's about an hour and a half from Austin to San Antonio, maybe less. Worth the trip if you have time.

June 13, 2006 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home