Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Writing Contest

Did I forget to mention a writing contest on my website? Just go to the homepage and the very first item, no scrolling, will lead you to the contest. Essentially, you send in the first page or so of your manuscript for me to judge. If you win, I'll contact you, and you can send forty-nine more pages, and I will provide you an in-depth critique. To win, all you need to do is make me want to read more. Simple.

Now, I know what you're thinking: what if this Torres guy just says "no one made me want to read more"? First, that won't happen. I promise to declare someone the winner and request the full first fifty pages of the ms. I'll read it and thoroughly critique it for style and content.

You have nothing to lose and a possibly valuable experience to gain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

So what if one only has like the first dozen or so page complete--is the offer still open? Can they send the remaining pages in a couple of weeks or must they be completed already?

March 14, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Well, you have until the 31st when the contest closes. Do you have any pages just yet? Will you have 50 by the end ofthe month? Until April 1st when I email the winner, I won't even know how many pages you have done. Send that first page and if you win, we'll talk.

March 14, 2006 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home