Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry Potter and the ...

How do people read so fast? The book went up for sale yesterday and there are 564 reviews of it on Amazon. I saw the book. It's got to be about 650 pages longs. If I did nothing but read, that would take me three days. Minimum. If I was working at the time, it would take me weeks.

I saw the latest HP movie on DVD a couple of nights ago. I kept wondering when Gary Oldman would get a chance to say a few lines. I think he's one of the more interesting actors around. (Have you seen him in the Fifth Element? And his sermon in The Scarlet Letter was better than Demi Moore's "Let's take a bath thereby showing off a finely sculpted Puritan body to another woman" scene in an otherwise complete disaster of a film.) Apparently the producers of HP3 didn't think so highly of him as they gave him as much airtime as they did to a Hippogriff - a half duck, half horse thing that... well... it doesn't matter does it?

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out how I can create a similar craze for my books. Nothing comes to mind yet. At least nothing legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home