Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Crime Time Cafe Press - Why?

I have written a lot of stories in the past year. About 25 or so ranging from 1,650 words to 12,500. Not all of them are crime or mystery stories, but many are. The good people at CrimeSpree have published one and taken a couple of others. Shots has taken another. Shred of Evidence has taken another (to be published in August) and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine is publishing another in November. This is a good publishing year for me, but I still have about twenty stories with no home, some too violent for Alfred Hitchcock others too long for Shots or CrimeSpree.

Of course, I might just set the stories aside for publication next year, but I presume that I'l have added a couple dozen more to the pile, and these are good stories.

There again, I could just stop writing. I don't find writing addictive, but then that doesn't really solve the problem of what to do with the stories (again, it's not like I'm writing rubbish (he says hopefully)).

I thought I might try something just a little adventurous -- a chapbook series. The stories get out there, I bring home a little money, readers are made happy. Win, win, win.

We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mystery Dawg said...

Steve,
Tell me more about the chapbooks...

June 13, 2005 12:23 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

The menu goes up in an hour or less. There'll be sveral stories to select and (hopefully) a couple different ways to get them -- paper or PDF, PayPal or check.

June 13, 2005 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home